To celebrate us reaching our first 100 connects on Facebook we’re giving away 3 copies of Max Lucado’s book – You’ll get through this, hope and help for your turbulent times. This is a book I wish was written when I was going through the toughest season of my life, it’s excellent! Even if you’re not currently going through a turbulent time, still go in for it, I guarantee that you will know someone who will be massively blessed by this book! Details of how to enter are at the end of this post.
My worst nightmare was playing out in front of me, abandoned and betrayed by the man I adored, it hurt, ridiculously badly. A week into our separation, my sister took me to visit our other sister hundreds of miles away, getting away sounded good to me.
My sisters are epic, the two I was with that weekend tried to take my mind off things, but everything seemed to remind me. There was no getting away from this nightmare.
Hitting a new level of pain, I reached out for my Dad. As it was early in the morning, I e-mailed him a desperate message, and he responded a short while later –
“Call on the Lord for that extra strength you are needing it, worked for me when Karen Nadine was born.”
Karen Nadine is my baby sister who my Mum carried full term, but she was born sleeping. I remember her funeral, more than that, I remember my parents at her funeral. They know pain.
I followed my Dad’s advice to call on the Lord God Almighty for extra strength at that moment, and then whenever I needed it. This is one of the prayers God turned into insta-prayers, prayers sent up with instant and guaranteed strengthening.
I found the missing piece to this blog post last week, when I got to go to Hillsong Colour conference in London! Lisa Bevere taught on Jesus’ first miracle, where He turned water into wine.
Lisa said something that illuminated to me
‘Running out is a pre-fix to running into Jesus’
This has certainly been true in my experience, whenever I was running out of strength, hope, peace, grace, joy, patience, money, anything really. Lisa gave us three points I hope will help you too”
1) Admit your need to Jesus, one person admitted the need in verse 3
2) Do whatever Jesus tells you, even if it doesn’t make sense, seems irrational, seems too small to make an impact, seems confusing. Verse 5
3) Sometimes it’s in the obedience, the sharing, the giving we get to see God do the miracle in our own verse 8&9. The servants only saw water, it was inbetween that and it being given to the guests that Jesus caused the water to turn to the finest wine.
You are so loved, approach Him with full confidence.
God is immense!
To enter for the giveaway for 1 of 3 copies of Max Lucado’s book – You’ll get through this. ‘You’ll get through this. Whatever “this” is – financial woes, relationship valleys, health crises.’
- Facebook: each like or share of this post on our Facebook page is an entry
- Twitter: each tweet mentioning @resurrectedMrg and this post is an entry
- A comment on this post is an entry